Established native STINGLESS bee hive with bees and queen.
Native bees are known for their fantastic pollination abilities which results in higher crop yields.
Native bee honey can be harvested annually and is a unique and exquisite taste.
Just watching the bees can bring endless enjoyment and entertainment.
Species are Tetragonula carbonaria (TC) or Tetragonula hockingsi (TH). Please note that TH won't be sold south of Tweed Heads.
Hives come in hand made bee boxes, specially designed for Australian native bees.
Dimensions: 28cm deep x 20cm wide x 31cm high.
- Viewing panels for each section, so you can watch your hive grow PLUS a perspex viewing panel at the top of the box.
- Each box is made of 35mm untreated hoop pine.
- Boxes sealed with 3 layers of non-toxic paint, to seal the exterior of the hive from the weather.
- Colours are white, honey or clear (custom colours available).
- Perspex honey super seperater plate included.
- Galvanized screws.
- Galvanized anti-slump bars.
- Perspex splitting plates $5 extra.
- Easy to read instructions for general set up of the bee box and instructions for eduction set up.
Hives are built with 3 seperate levels, for easy splitting of hive and honey extraction. Just pop the sections apart.
Endless support for your hive provided.
Unfortunately hives won't be posted; PICK UP ONLY.
There can also be a wait for hives, as only strong hives, with multiple queen sightings, are sold.