Ready to set up an eduction but not sure what's needed? This eduction kit has all the materials you need!
- Two pieces of 10cm tubing, which can be trimmed to your desired length
- A hive joiner which can be opened when your eduction hive has brood, so the bees can choose which hive they want to be loyal to
- Two temporary viewing panels, so you can watch the hive being built
- Digital instructions which describe the step by step process how to set up your eduction
You'll need your own:
- Stand for the eduction hive, screws to attach the hive to the stand and a hammer to hammer the stand into the ground
- Drill bit or ability to drill a hole in the back of the eduction hive, to fit 12mm tubing (13 or 14mm recommended) and drill
- Good quality tape or propolis (available on The Stingless Bee Lady website) to seal the tubing to each hive
- Masking tape to tape the viewing panel down
Please note that the joiners may vary in size.