Hand made bee boxes, perfect for Australian native STINGLESS bees.
Boxes are custom made and can be used for splitting, educting a hive or as bait box.
Boxes are surprisingly small, perfect for our little 4mm native bees! 28cm deep x 20cm wide x 31cm high.
- Viewing panels for each section, so you can watch your hive grow PLUS a perspex viewing panel at the top of the box.
- Each box is made of 35mm untreated cypress.
- Boxes sealed with 3 layers of non-toxic paint, to seal the exterior of the hive from the weather.
- Colours are white or clear (custom colours available).
- Perspex honey super seperater plate included.
- Galvanized screws.
- If you would like anti-sump bars, please email me after you have ordered.
Hives are built with 3 seperate levels, for easy splitting of hive and honey extraction. Just pry the sections apart.
Cypress is a darker timber with lots of knots and features. There are a few photos, in the gallery, of a lighter baltic pine which are to show plates and viewing panels only. Boxes aren't made in baltic pine.
Please note that a queen and bees aren't included.